Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate being redundant, (although I'm actually quite good at it)....
In either case, here goes.......I returned my Sony mavica 75 digital camera. It wasn't even 1.3 pixels. No video. Just little stills. Still liked the quality of the pics, but then my eyes are bad.........
What other models are out there that use floppy discs, (like that concept), and are at least 2.2 pixels, and hopefully with at least 5+ seconds of digital movie capability?

·
Programmer
856 Posts
I wounld't reccomend a diskette using camera.. (Just my opinion).. My aunt gave me a 2.1 pixle camera with a 8meg card (can go up to I think 64meg chip).. ANyways, when I set the resoultion to the highest, (1600x1200) I can only take 8 pictures on that stick.. Anyways.. the new cameras are so easy to deal with. All you do is hook them up to your USB port on your computer. That in turn creates a drive letter on your computer. You go into that drive, and you can copy, move, cut, rename, etc the pictures on the camera...

just my two cents
Chris

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I really like the floppy disc gig.
(spoiled from using my buds sony).
I found a MVC 92 at worst buy. Kinda thinkin' about getting it tomorrow nite after work........does movies too.?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Panasonic has a floppy camera out but I dont know much about it other than its about the same price range as the sonys and I wouldnt take the chance on the quality compared to the sony. Hey 1.2 megapixal dose pretty good. Unless your going to have all your pics professionaly printed, any more is probably more than you can print out at home unless you go big bucks for a really good printer.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
The reason I love the 1.44 meg floppy cameras so much is because that disk will work in almost every computer. Mac, Windoze, even Linux can read .jpg format. Just pop the disk in and go.

Those usb adapters and memory card readers don't work in some operating systems, like the one I use in my home computer.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
My brother has a MVC-92 and likes it now that he finally gives it enough time to "auto-focus". I personally like the zoom of 16x even though it is a little tough to hold still past about 10x!!

Do they still make the FD-88??

Go to www.steves-digicams.com

This guy has tested everything known to man and is very thorough in his analysis work!!

Cobrajack

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to pick up the MVC 92 tonite!!!!!

Should be home, battery charged, and ready to flash by 7!!!!
Thanks guys!:D

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I just bought a Kodac EZ 200. So far it's not bad. It has web cam, movies, and digital cam features. On sale for 91.00 Canadian. It takes up to 128 320x240 or 64 640x480, picture quality is really good.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
sony DSC-P50 has 2.1.Santa brought one.Just dont buy it a sears.$399 waaaaay to much.Bought the exact same one througt the computer for $248.Pays to shop around

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I picked up the Sony Mavica MVC 92 at best buy. $429. So far I love it!

(if only I can catch momma naked now)...heh heh heh..........
:eek::x

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey you Sony Maciva owners, when its time for a new battery or you just want a spare, head on over to E-Bay and check out the repalcement batterys there selling. I was kinda hesitant about not buying a Sony brand battery, but for $39 shipped to the house for a 5 hr replacement battery I thought I would take a chance on one. It turned out to be a good deal as this battery wont hardly wear down. They have a 2 year warranty also.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Couldn't wait......Went back to wallyworld and picked up the 555?, battery for 55 bucks. More than doubled the useable/user time on the camera.
Gotta love these electronic toys!!!!!:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts