Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just know that truck owner's wife accidentally (or maybe intentionally) drove through the garage door landing on top of the ferrari....Don't know how old is this pic. Found it simply browsing the net.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found out more about the pic:

October 22, 2007

Fidelity pays....the converse does not!

To my darling husband,

Before you return from your business trip I just want to let you know about the small accident I had with the pick up truck when I turned into the driveway.

Fortunately not too bad and I really didn't get hurt, so please don't worry too much about me.

I was coming home from Wal-Mart, and when I turned into the driveway I accidentally pushed down on the accelerator instead of the brake. The garage door is slightly bent but the pick up fortunately came to a halt when it bumped into your car.

I am really sorry, but I know with your kind-hearted personality you will forgive me. You know how much I love you and care for you my sweetheart. I am enclosing a picture for you.

I can not wait to hold you in my arms again.

Your loving wife.
XXX

P.S. Your girlfriend called.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HERE'S MORE TO THE STORY...,,A DIFFERENT STORY.

"Friend of mine is fairly close to where that happened.

From what I gather a 17 year old kid, drunk & speeding, fumbled for his cell phone & lost control. Sailed right into the garage & landed on the car. Coincidently, the Ferarri guy owns a body shop & has several other nice car."

Attachments

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Damn......only saw the 1st pic.......amazing how it all unfolded.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Ok, how the hell is the left quarter panel not smashed to bits? That truck doesnot look lifted and the tires and weight woulda left more of a mark than they did. I dont think there is any way that anyone coulda drove that up onto the car without more damage to the left quarter....we sure this wasnt weather related? Tornado, hurricane?

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
It's a fake setup. You can tell from all the dirt and debris on both vehicles. The ceiling shows no damage and the vespa remains intact.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
It's a fake setup. You can tell from all the dirt and debris on both vehicles. The ceiling shows no damage and the vespa remains intact.
Pretty sure the picture(s) is real....its the caption (backstory) that is questionable. As for what I know about this picture, it has been on the 'Net for a while. What I original heard, has something to do with excessive speed and the truck being airborne.

Yes, I agree its one of those 1-in-a-Million chances of the truck going through the air at the right speed, right trajectory and angle to land on top of the car roof, but stranger things have happened.

There is another "stupid people trick" where a guy drove his car up the guy wire supporting a telephone pole...again it was the result of the right speed, the right angle and the right idiot doing the wrong thing.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Pretty sure the picture(s) is real....its the caption (backstory) that is questionable. As for what I know about this picture, it has been on the 'Net for a while. What I original heard, has something to do with excessive speed and the truck being airborne.

Yes, I agree its one of those 1-in-a-Million chances of the truck going through the air at the right speed, right trajectory and angle to land on top of the car roof, but stranger things have happened.

There is another "stupid people trick" where a guy drove his car up the guy wire supporting a telephone pole...again it was the result of the right speed, the right angle and the right idiot doing the wrong thing.
I still find it hard to believe. Take another look at all the crap on both vehicles. Looks like they sat in the corner of a body shop somewhere. And the damage of the two vehicles is not consistent with that kind of accident.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts