Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new mufflers for my 62 Gal and it seems that they are going to have to be round ones. The oval ones seem to be too wide to fit where the current ones are installed (between the rear axle and bumper.

Does anyone know of a company making a round, not too pricey muffler? Most I've seen are oval. I think the old red hots and purple hornies will be too loud and am leery of using them.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
They are certainly not cheap but the Flowmaster Huspower II mufflers fit these cars really well and have a good Rap to them without being to loud. I use them on my 61 Starliner with a warmed over 428 and really like them.
I first had them at the very back in the original position and they were a little loud for my taste so I moved them to just in front of the rear end and they are much quieter now. However I did add a X pipe at the same time so I am not sure how much that had to do with making them tone down?
The do have a very good deep 60's kinda sound.

Scott...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have brockman mellowtones on my 62 galaxie xl.There round glasspack type available in various lengths and sound great. 60 buckls a pair.mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts