Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to briefly introduce myself before I started posting. My name is Ben, and I bleed Ford blue. I was raised working on Fords with my dad, and still love spending time in the garage with him. We have a few projects going right now, a 63 G code Galaxie and a 64 Thunderbolt clone, as well as a few other older Fords waiting for us to get to them.

I also work for a leaf spring manufacturing company(not listing the name, not trying to advertise), so I can help with some technical questions if anyone has any.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Welcome aboard! Watch out for FE!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whacha got in the T-Bolt clone?
Welcome!
No offense to anyone else, but why would anyone build a T-Bolt clone with anything other than a 427? Ha!

There is nothing more disappointing than seeing one at a show, only to look under the hood and see a small block. About the only thing that pisses me off more than that is seeing ANOTHER tasteless "Eleanore" Mustang!

·
Premium Member
5,912 Posts
Welcome! Yes there is a poser named FEandGoingBroke and he will give his opinion on your situation - as he and everyone else here should. Is there a reason to come to the forum other than to get people's opinions?

This statement however, is only a statement of fact, not an endorsement of anything FE may or may not say...

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
No offense to anyone else, but why would anyone build a T-Bolt clone with anything other than a 427? Ha!

There is nothing more disappointing than seeing one at a show, only to look under the hood and see a small block. About the only thing that pisses me off more than that is seeing ANOTHER tasteless "Eleanore" Mustang!
No offense taken, you'll get along very well here :). There is a a white '64 Fairlane I see at car shows around here with a bubble hood and blacked out inner lights (no ram air tubes even), 289 automatic. He has a sign that says Thunderbolt clone, WTF. It's all I can do to keep myself from kicking the sign over :mad: haha.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Welcome! Yes there is a poser named FEandGoingBroke and he will give his opinion on your situation - as he and everyone else here should. Is there a reason to come to the forum other than to get people's opinions?

This statement however, is only a statement of fact, not an endorsement of anything FE may or may not say...

Everything ever said about me is a fact for sure! But most of them that say it are so full of facts that you'd swear they hit 75 foot putt's and a hole in one every 4th tee off....

Welcome to FM another new guy, You are damn right abotu a T-Bolt that don't have a 427 is sort of like a Le Car or a Pacer.... It's just not right. :D

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome! I have a 63 G code also. Grew up in San Diego. Bought the G code from a Rambler Dealer in La Mesa on El Cajon Blvd. in March of 64. Still have it. But don't live in SD any more.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'll add to the another bad one is a 350 in a ford :)
Agreed--that one makes me want to puke. I'll see a nice old Ford that should have a flattie, like a 47 coupe or something, and then you read "All restored! New 350/350!"
I hate that. Keep your Ford a Ford!

Oh--and Welcome!

·
Registered
238 Posts
its about time that i see more galaxie owners in san diego :)

dont see to many galaxies around town

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
cheby engine in FORDS...it's getting to the point where if you see a FORD in a FORD its surprizing. I have said many times, like an old whore...cheap and easy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its about time that i see more galaxie owners in san diego :)

dont see to many galaxies around town
My dad lives out in El Cajon, and we should have the car on the road by early summer. I'm sure he'll have it down at the El Cajon Car Show a few times when its running.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome! I have a 63 G code also. Grew up in San Diego. Bought the G code from a Rambler Dealer in La Mesa on El Cajon Blvd. in March of 64. Still have it. But don't live in SD any more.
Very nice, where in San Diego did you live?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just wanted to briefly introduce myself before I started posting. My name is Ben, and I bleed Ford blue. I was raised working on Fords with my dad, and still love spending time in the garage with him. We have a few projects going right now, a 63 G code Galaxie and a 64 Thunderbolt clone, as well as a few other older Fords waiting for us to get to them.

I also work for a leaf spring manufacturing company(not listing the name, not trying to advertise), so I can help with some technical questions if anyone has any.
Did you de-arch my springs for my 67 fairlane a couple weeks ago?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thought your car description sounded familiar. Welcome.if you need spring work in san Diego/southern cal, this is the guy to contact. Great work at a very fair price, and quick turnaround.

By the way... The springs turned out perfect.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts