Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - Another newbie here... both to the board and the car hobby in general. I recently bought a 64 Galaxie fastback with a 289 and 3-spd on ebay, and I'll be looking for advice and suggestions soon. I've been interested in old cars for many years, but have only recently acquired a little spare time and money to get a project of my own. As far as the condition of the car goes, I didn't pick an easy starting point, but I'm looking for a semi-reliable driver - not a show car. The car runs - not well... but well enough to get me to a Wawa about a mile down the road and back without many burps. The suspension is mush, the trunk is full of holes, and the interior is crusty, but I love it to death! My how-to knowledge is quite limited, but I've invested in a 64 Shop Manual and a pile of catalogs to get me started. I've changed fluids, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and the old four-blade fan so far... and the small improvements are quite satisfying. Be ready for some very elementary questions - I'll ask forgiveness in advance - and I promise to search old posts first! Also, anyone in the south Jersey area willing to help me learn... I'd appreciate any help you could provide. - Bruce

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Welcome, just have fun.., that what we do.....

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Welcome, i have the same car.

The Galaxie is a great model to start on, every little thing you do from now on is gonna make the car better and you will learn alot doing it.

Welcome to the board

L

·
Administrator
21,770 Posts
Welcome to the forum. One thing you'll learn is very rarely does the working on it ever end! Even if it's something tiny, there is always something. A lifetime commitment almost...kinda like kids.

Deb

·
Registered
646 Posts
Welcome Bruce, let us see some pictures of your Gal soon. I hope you enjoy reading thru some of the threads on here, I especially like the one by Chooch65 !

·
Administrator
21,770 Posts
I don't really remember seeing those whitewalls on a '64 before, I kinda like it with the black.
This is my "Shotrod" before it was rearranged.

Deb

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShotRod64 on 11/30/06 7:01am ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts