Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking around for subframe connectors before I put new crate motor in my 67 mustang.
Which are stronger, tubular or square tubing?

Anyone have recommend a good brand?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: strtcar on 8/29/06 6:05am ]</font>

·
Registered
634 Posts
The torsional rigidity of the tubular subframe connector
is vastly superior to a square design. Welded in is also
the only way to fly on subframe connectors. I've got
GW's on my '66 and '68.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Another tubular global west customer here on my '65 mustang for the past few years.

Yes. My friend and I put the car on jackstands.

We didn't remove the fuel line. That is only to say it's possible. Doesn't mean it was smart or safe.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Another tubular global west customer here on my '65 mustang for the past few years.

Yes. My friend and I put the car on jackstands.

We didn't remove the fuel line. That is only to say it's possible. Doesn't mean it was smart or safe.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
I also have Global West and love them. The best install method is to put all four wheels on wheel ramps on a flat surface. You don't want to have the unibody tweaked in any way when these are welded in.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've got Maier racing subframe connectors, they work pretty well, don't know where TCP's mount, but for all out strenth its best to not have them only mount to the rear of the front floor support because the floor support is pretty week and could slightly push the floor up if the car launches really hard....just my 2 cents for ya.

·
Registered
729 Posts
So tell me this, do the subframe connectors connect under the frame rails or to the side of the frame rails?
Whats best?
Inside the rails or outside the frame rails?
I have a tube bender so I think I'll make my own, I just need to know how they are designed and mount up.

·
Registered
698 Posts
hey guys, tubular does not mean round. you can buy square, round, rectangular and oval tubing. tubular means just that, a tube. as in hollow.

·
Registered
698 Posts
hey guys, tubular does not mean round. you can buy square, round, rectangular and oval tubing. tubular means just that, a tube. as in hollow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rpm on 8/31/06 11:35am ]</font>

·
Registered
729 Posts
Ok professor
, mine will be made from round tube, specifically .120 wall DOM left over from my rock crawler buggy build.
Does anyone have a description of how the things are made and mount up?

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you go to my Galeforce Zephyrs website (a English ford ) I have an article on a set I bent up for my car.It's a macpherson strut front and leaf rear.The article is in the side bar.The site will come up in Google.
It a job worth doing and they make great jacking points.The down side to round tube is welding brackets to it in some places.However you can bend it to follow the contour of the underside of the car.

·
Registered
336 Posts
On 2006-08-31 17:44, 67falconer wrote:
Care to narrow down the 100 article names for us?
Galeforce Zephyrs

in the Sidebar article under;
Chassis Braces

easy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts