4 degrees machined into cam, installed additional 2 advanced
Adjustable Roller rockers
Hooker comp long tube headers
Dual 2.5" exhaust, no balance pipe

Currently 25 initial, 35 all in around 3k

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Your engine and fuel are the only factors that can determine the best mechanical initial, total, and rate. Anybody's guess is as good as anybody else's guess. My guess (if using pump gas) is too much initial (no vac), too much total, and it comes-in too slow (unless it's a bus). Read-up in the other threads to get ideas on how to determine what your engine wants to run it's best. BTW - why did you add 2° to the cam? is your carb spacer open or 4-hole?

David

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your engine and fuel are the only factors that can determine the best mechanical initial, total, and rate. Anybody's guess is as good as anybody else's guess. My guess (if using pump gas) is too much initial (no vac), too much total, and it comes-in too slow (unless it's a bus). Read-up in the other threads to get ideas on how to determine what your engine wants to run it's best. BTW - why did you add 2° to the cam? is your carb spacer open or 4-hole?

David
I added 2 on the mfg's in house engine builder's recommendation in order to bring the operating range down a bit closer to where I expected power to peak.

Pump gas, yes
Spacers is open.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

David
I added 2 on the mfg's in house engine builder's recommendation in order to bring the operating range down a bit closer to where I expected power to peak.

Pump gas, yes
Spacers is open.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
What vehicle, transmission and intended use?
1975 ranchero roughly 3750 lbs currently. FMX trans, stock convertor(for now) 4.11 gears. I drive it about 1000 miles a year around town, and to work occasionally, and eventually, when the trans is rebuilt, and the stall installed, i would like to do some test and tune nights, maybe a braket series locally, just for fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.