Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try this again. I am looking for the plastic fender ornaments for my 61. Dearborn has them but shipping for a half pound is $15. I have a Mustang parts place, a Pontiac place, a 55-57 Chevy place, a T-Bird place, a Corvette place, Eastwood, ect. but no known to me, place to purchase repro or restoration parts for my 61 Galaxie with-in 1 hour. I really enjoy driving, so, I would rather spend the $15 for gas, if there is any place in S.E. Pa, N. Delaware, or N. Maryland that sells Ford restoration parts for a 61 Galaxie? Everytime I go on line, all I get are repair shops, Ford Dealerships or Dearborn. Are these ornaments available elsewhere at a better price? I'm sure it's all in the wording, how do I google for locations?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Have you tried Mac's Auto Parts? Here's a link to those ornaments on their site:

Search Within MAC's Antique Auto Parts

Not sure how they stack up on this kind of part, they have been very decent for some '64 parts I've ordered thus far. They are in Lockport, NY, so not a short drive for you, but you can actually call and talk to someone, thus...maybe you can inquire about a lower shipping option?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that actually saved me around $8 over Dearborn. I get up to N.Y. sometimes, I'll need to see where MAC'S is located.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Lockport is pretty far north. Besides, since they got purchased by Eklers could they be moving to FL?
Can you wait til spring? Usually Carpenter, Autokrafters etc open at Carlisle PA (either spring or All Ford Nats). Call ahead and they will put your order on the truck for no extra charge.

·
Registered
751 Posts
You're very welcome!
Mac's often have 1-day specials and sales such as free shipping over $X order, X% off this and that, so if you get on their e-mail list, you can be alerted to those. Put it to an e-mail acc't you don't use alot if you don't like getting tons of ad/sale e-mails from companies, that's what I do.

Sure, I agree that getting to go to a store in-person is always more desirable, but often not feasible.

I'm from PA and used to ski in upstate NY every winter. I can remember being herded off the thruway, 390 and other roads, by LE and/or NG ....because of snow, so I know it's a haul (especially NOW).

Thanks, that actually saved me around $8 over Dearborn. I get up to N.Y. sometimes, I'll need to see where MAC'S is located.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Norm,
If you're an outdoorsman as it seems, you must have gotten up to northern Minnesota? Boundry Waters are the best as far as I'm concerned as long as you are only into fishing, camping, canoeing, northern lights, wildlife, and NO people! Voted as one of the top 10 most senic places in the U.S.
LOVE IT!
Karl.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hiya Karl,

I'm less 'outdoorsy' than that, but Voyeurs NP and the BWCA are Mecca for the Survivorman type (like my son-in-law). It is everything you just mentioned, and some! When driving "up nord", there is a "zone" one crosses into, and then suddenly, there's nooo cars/traffic, nooo people, cell phones stop working.... and you're waiting for Rod Serling to pop up in your back seat while.... you hear that unmistakable theme music between your ears, LOL.
Hey Norm,
If you're an outdoorsman as it seems, you must have gotten up to northern Minnesota? Boundry Waters are the best as far as I'm concerned as long as you are only into fishing, camping, canoeing, northern lights, wildlife, and NO people! Voted as one of the top 10 most senic places in the U.S.
LOVE IT!
Karl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts