Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new set of ported Ford Motorsports Z304A heads that have 2.08 intakes, 58cc com. chamb. They were set up by Competitive Edge Racing in Sarasota Fl. These are new never installed. I have the opportunity to get a set with 2.1 intakes and Jesel shaft rockers. Can post pics if there is any interest. Will let them go for $1300 plus shipping from florida zip 32164. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
IIRC, the intake port volume is 204-206cc as-cast. It is a straight-valve head, so comparisons are direct with others like it (AFR, Brodix, etc.). Just a reminder, canted or twisted valve heads measure smaller due to the valve angle, so a 200cc actually compares to a 215-220cc straight-valve head in port cross-sectional area.

David

·
Registered
830 Posts
IIRC, the intake port volume is 204-206cc as-cast. It is a straight-valve head, so comparisons are direct with others like it (AFR, Brodix, etc.). Just a reminder, canted or twisted valve heads measure smaller due to the valve angle, so a 200cc actually compares to a 215-220cc straight-valve head in port cross-sectional area.

David
Correct but the valve spacing is not stock.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Correct but the valve spacing is not stock.
Right, but my point for comparative purposes in port "size", valve spacing is not a substantial factor. It is a factor in flow dynamics and potential performance. I agree. You do however raise the secondary points that oversize valves can be used, but also that valve shrouding in the chamber and cylinder will become an issue then unless oversize cylinders and relieved chambers are used. I didn't originally mean to make an issue of anything, except to point-out that when comparing port CCs (which is only a very rough gauge of categorized flow) that valve angle makes the comparisons misleading. So, comparing perhaps a TFS 205 canted-valve port to an AFR 205 port or Z304 is not a direct comparison. That's all.

David

·
Registered
830 Posts
Nobody needed to compare. Only you did.

The z303, tfs hp , Brodix t1 all have the intake valve pushed away from the cylinder wall. Therefore these heads tend to work better on a smaller bore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts