Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Subscriber
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im doing mine and its a small block c4 car with an 8" rearend and i was wondering those of u who have used the modern driveline cross member what did u have to do to ur driveshaft to finish the swap????? shorten? lengthen? put a longer c4 yoke i jus want some feed back so i know what i am going to be faced with when i get to that point! oh yeah thanx in advance!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I used the stock C4 crossmember and modified it a little, the drive shaft ended up not needing shortened; this was in my 68 stang but things may vary from car to car

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mike, how much did you end up having to modify the original crossmember? Does it have to be cut, reshaped, what?

I have access to an extra stock one, so I'd rather use it if possible, rather than paying over $100 USD for something fabricated. Trying to piece stuff together for a T-5 swap into my 68 Cougar, which is a small block C4 / 8" axle car. Did you use the original mount as well?

thanks

Ed N.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I just drilled new holes, foward of the original holes. The side of the crossmember needed to be flattened a bit with a hammer in order to not contact the trans. It's worked well, and if you think about is all it does is provide a place for the trans to rest. It doesn't look great but it works and at the time I did the swap I didn't want to dish out that kind of money for a couple bucks in welded metal. I've never had reason enough to change to an aftermarket piece so it will stay for now.

·
Registered
142 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.