Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
31 Posts
not sure 40 sounds good-seems alot
i have one also put it in 351c -if it gives me 40 id definitely be happy
car is not quite running-i did expernice one draw back i bought abt manifold and it will not work with this dist. to tight this is ahighraise man. so be careful-i understand that this can be a problem with other man. also-high raise

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
If you have a well setup ignition system that works well, there is no gain to be had by any other ignition system. Lots of people used to complain because an MSD box did not give them any more HP. I would tell them when things get marginal, spark plugs fouling, points out of whack then the MSD box keeps firing your engine.
I also do not get this DUI distrubutor thing. HEI's are crap, always have been and always will be. A Duraspark is a better distributor, much stronger signal from pickup, better rotor to cap design and does not have a module stuck down in its too hot guts.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well right now i have a stock coil and stock points Dist. The coil only sucks 2vots and i think is only 10,000 volt coil so every sucks right now i should get a noticeable gain. I am going to gap the spark plugs to .50

1 - 4 of 4 Posts