Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about this earlier, I got all of what I need to make my system. I have toned it down though. I will go with one Alpine 6.5 inch lcd screen, a Rockford RFX-9400 head unit, 2 Rockford Fosgate 15" HX2 subs and 2 bd 1000.1 amps, and just 2 sets of Rockford component sets in front. Heres what they look like.

The box and subs, this is one my brother and I built. It is in his car right now.

Here's a shot to show how massive the box is.

One of the amps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rod n az on 1/16/02 9:07am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I got some news for ya. If your gonna put that in the "Rod", you might want to consider using a new windshield adhesive to hold the windows in. Can you say "Boom ,boom, pop goes a window."

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the rear window seals are old, and need to be replaced.

Back when I had a Toyota Tundra, I had 4 JL Audio 12W3's it with 2 Rockford bd1000.1 pushing them. I broke the rear window latch and blew the windshield seal. The roof and winshield would flex about an inch to two inches.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rod n az on 1/16/02 9:09am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Be easy on the hot rod will ya. She may be old but she's beautiful.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Stereo's are cool, i have a nifty one in my car, sony mp3 cd player, 4 way pioneer 6x9's, 2 way pioneer 6.5's. In my trunk I have dual 12" rockford xlc's and a 500 watt rms lightning audio amp. Here is a pic of the amp and all in my trunk:

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I was just thinking of getting a camera and taking pics of all my gear. Currently none of it's installed but I have it all waiting on the car to come from the body shop.

2 Soundstream Class A 10.0 amps for the subs
1 Soundstream Class A Picasso for the mids and highs
Rockford Fosgate Symmetry with 28 band EQ card
Phoenix Gold Titanium Bass Cube
2 Kicker S12L7 solo-baric 12 inch subwoofers
Soundstream Pro 6.5 component set for the front kick panels
Soundstream Pro 6x9 for rear fill
2 Stinger SP1000 batteries
15 farads of Capacitors if needed
250 amp battery isolator
190 Amp Leece-Neville alternator
6th order bandpass enclosure ported through the rear deck
And for the head unit either a JVC digifine with MP3 or a MA Audio DVD/CD/MP3/VCD indash with screen.. tough choice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JeremyL on 1/16/02 2:46pm ]</font>

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your going to get a flip out monitor head unit, get an Alpine or Panasonic. I've had both, and they are very good. I also like the Kenwood KVT910-DVD, touch screen controls, built in DVD player are both nice features. But the Panasonic monitors have the best quality screens that I've seen.

Right now my mom has my Alpine IVA-C800 in her car, but when I put the system in my car, I will put that in it too.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I can't fit a flip out unit in my dash, the way it curves the monitor wouldn't be able to fold up. If I do decided to go with a screen it'll have to be an add on. The Ma Audio one I was looking at is pretty good, and the head unit does MP3/VCD/DVD all in a standard Din sized unit.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I know what you mean when you say it won't fit. I am getting a new dash made of fiberglass so it will hold my Alpine IVA-C800. I also thought of getting a Rockford Fosgate RFX-9400 head unit. It has an auxilary audio input. If I go that route, I don't have to get a new dash made, and add a monitor.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I considered reworking the dash on my car but have pretty much decided against it. In fact sometimes I wish I hadn't cut the dash originally for a CD player and just hid it somewhere else. I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going to put the Symmetry controller, and if I go with a screen we're gonna have it motor up out of the original center dash opening where the factory speaker was. I have decided where I'm putting the Bass Cube controller though. Since it's just a knob that pulls out and rotates were gonna make a bracket to mount in in the original cigarette lighter opening so it looks factory.. complete with an original knob on it and everything

1 - 12 of 12 Posts