Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much activity here lately, so I thought I'd toss in some stuff.
I've kinda reached all my goals for this car, so I thought I'd post some before & after pix, a little over 5 years and almost 44k miles since I brought it home. It was in pretty nice shape; the previous owner would restore old Mustangs and flip them, so he knew his way around 60's Fords.

The first 3 pix are the day I drove it 300 miles home, the next 3 are how it sits today . It's been through a ton of changes, mostly mechanical and interior. It could sure use some paint & bodywork, but then I'd worry about driving it, so I'm in my comfort zone as it sits. Just a great dependable car that takes me anywhere I want to go. This car cost me zero after selling my '79 Chevy LUV (last 2 photos) and a couple of guitars, but then I dumped a bunch of money into initially to make the suspension & driveline reliable. After that, it was just "do stuff as you can afford it". Right now, today, I can't think of anything else to do, and my wallet thanks me....

Both of these vehicles have been from Oregon to Minnesota & back with no issues.

Left front 3:4.jpg
Engine right.jpg
Interior.jpg
IMG_5110.JPG
IMG_5243.JPG
IMG_5123.JPG
LUV + moons 2.JPG
LUV + moons lo-res.jpg

·
Registered
106 Posts
Obviously, I am not the one to criticize anyone's paint and body work but even I can tell that Ranchero looks great. The Chevy was clean too.

The "worried about driving it" statement hits home for me. I have only had one new car in my life and freaked out over every scratch and chip. I like my patina for several reasons

·
Registered
63 convertable
802 Posts
just sold my gal for the same reason. no fun to fret over it.just liked to drive. wish i never made it so nice

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just sold my gal for the same reason. no fun to fret over it.just liked to drive. wish i never made it so nice
I think they call that "mission creep". I never cared too much for perfect paint for the same reasons you state. In fact, that Chevy was painted with 12 rattle cans of Krylon satin black. EZ touchups too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It looks amazing and clean. This gives me an idea of what to do with my truck. I just have to remove my existing fender flares first and have a lift kit installed. I'll check 4WheelOnline for replacement wheels and tires as well.

·
Registered
564 Posts
My '67 is waiting for me to pull the 408W - C4 and put in the 521ci (460) - C6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts