Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there Fellow Ford Fairlane Fans...

I have just aquired a 1967 Fairlane 500 four door that I plan on using as my daily driver... in fine shape...and I have been running into some walls finding out stuff about it... as I make some tweaks...and I would appreciate any resources that anybody can tag onto this post... like...

good places to find parts...
good parts to buy... (VS China MOCO)
where to find trim...
what to use for lead substitute...
best repair manual...
where to find specs...
body tips and tricks...
general tips and tricks...
good places for "how to's"...
does paintless dent repair work on these cars?
Insurance tips...
seatbelt tips...
history of the '67... i have seen the Wikipedia paragraph...
does anybody else out the own a '67 Fairlane?

Anyway I'll post Hattie's portrait as soon as the sun comes back up...

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
698 Posts
This is the Falcon forum, you clicked too far down.

But a general rule of thumb to answer your question. All the shop manuals from back in the day are reproduced in paper and CD/DVD format. Amazon.com you can find alot. I forget the 2 big places who sale them. I got my CD 4 years ago and it has all the Falcon shop manuals on it. I know they had all the other Ford breeds as well.

As for your questions here..
where to find specs...
body tips and tricks...
general tips and tricks...
good places for "how to's"...
The Fairlane forum would be a good place to browse, and ask away.

As for finding Trim, we can only assume your talking car trim. Some trim is reproduced, A big parts place in NC called Dennis Carpenter (google it), they have an online catalog, but also have printed catalogs. Other places on net have reprodcution parts, I am sure like the Falcon there is Model Line specific salvage places, just got to ask in the Fairlane forum.. (See a trend here)

Why it is possible to find FOMOCO OEM parts in boxes, its rare and expensive. With the Falcon there is several companies stamping parts out, just got to ask around to see about quality..

I got extremely lucky and found a Pull-Ur-Self place and they had 2 Falcons and I robbed many parts off of them. So older junk yards it might be worth your time to go walk-about. Might be surprised on what you find.

Ok enough help from a Falcon guy. Off to the Fairlane room with you.. (joking).. Your welcome here anytime..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arrrr... wrong room again... sorry Falconeers... Falcon's rock too... but see ya later..
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts