Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CHI (Cleveland) headed small block Fords dominated the contest this year, taking positions number 1, 3,4,5, and 6!!
Jon Kaase was in 2nd place with his wicked Pontiac motor.

There were no real competitive Chevy's this year (and they thought that it would probably be an easy sweep for them
), plus there were no real competitive Mopars either!
In fact, Kaase's Poncho was the only GM based entry that was any real threat to the Fords!!

Its all over on the Cleveland forum, and on the 460 forum as well.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Clevelands rock! Chevy Schmevy can go bite me! That is all I have to say. Oh yeah, Pontiacs are kinda cool too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blown68 on 10/20/06 12:21am ]</font>

·
Registered
991 Posts
Clevelands are the best ford motor built, period. Im a cleveland junky till I die

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
My FIRST ever ford was a 1970 cougar with a cleveland 2v with a 4v intake and carb. I thought the thing was a freaking rocket =).

Then my mentally disabled, not handicapped...disabled...little brother shot all the windows out with a bb gun. We spent TWO months looking for replacement glass...finally found a 67 XR7 GT in the junkyard, less motor, trans, and rearend...but otherwise complete. Bought it for 150$, swapped the drivetrain out of the 70 (in the process rebuilding the cleveland) and I had a REAL rocket =).

After 2 years of the kind of abuse only a 16-18yr old can give a car...that motor finally let go. I never did build another cleveland...once I started running mustangs, windsors were the rule...but I'll always have a soft spot for em =).

Cris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts