Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother is going to stroke his 351 to 408 and we are looking hard at the Eagle kit with the SRP pistons. I vaguely remember someone posting something about compression height being messed up in the kit.
Just wondering if anyone had bought a stoker kit latly or heard from anyone who has done so?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Chilly460 got a little messed up stuff on his EAgle kit. I think he's got it figured out now, tho.
I purchased my Eagle 418 kit last year, and had absolutely NO problems/complaints about it whatsoever. Highly recommend Eagle kits.
I upgraded to the internally balanced crank, and srp pistons,. Everything was absolutely TOP notch. Again, no complaints from me. (and I"m a picky sumbitch).

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Okay, okay, I did have a little bit of problems with Eagle. Like Chilly said, (been a while so I forgot//maybe memory block), whatever.
The good old boys @ Eagle are just that. Good old boys. (no flames intended) to anyone living/residing down there), but the southern drawl and demeanor on the phone is a bit 'offish' for this northern boy.
They did send my KIT to Kansas for a couple of weeks before I got it.......(same shop name, different address.......duh).... But in the end, I did get the kit, and have loved it ever since.......As much as a human can honestly love a stroker kit..........how'd that come out.........

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About that 418 kit, is the piston pin into the oil rings or just below? My brother and I were looking at prices and the 418 costs the same as the 408. Since we are drag racers "more is better" is our thought.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
First questions first.......1. Yes, I love to stroke..
2. No, the oil rings are above the piston pin.
To be quite honest, I hated to put the block together, being as the parts were that damm pretty!

Bigger is always better!
(oh, by the way, my according to Chilly's and my homie's desktop dyno, we should be pulling over 650+ hp next year. (we'll do the actual dyno too, but it do look quite interesting at his point!!!).

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the pictures, you are right, those are almost framable parts they are so pretty. But they do raise another question. Who makes the girdle you are using?
Thanks for the pictures, I have a DSL connection so send me any size file you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts