Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attn Seller,
I am interested in purchasing from you the above named item listed ,which i got to know about from an extensive search on the web page. I am presently residing in 100 Higginson Ave - Lincoln, Rhode Island 02865 USA and would like to know if ad is still valid, the present condition of the item the recent pics and your least offering price. I would be glad to hear from you positively.
Regards,
Nia

Dear Bill ,
Thanks for the e-mail and happy that you still have it for sale.i'm pleased with the condition of the (tunnel ram intake $150 ) and the price and i will advice you mark it as sold because i realy need it,About the payment for the (tunnel ram intake $150).i will contact a My (CASHIER) will issue and send out a Money Order to you immediately because i'm presently in Brazil now for holiday and will not be back till 2weeks time.as soon as the payment is made out to you my shipping firm will contact you for the pick up arrangement.So all i want you to do now is to recieve this Payment from my Cashier and deduct your selling price from the funds and then send the remaining excess funds to the Shipping firm for the pick up in your house.
You are not to worry about Shipping, I have a reputable Shipping Company that i have been using for long now, so i am sure they will Ship the Item right to the destination i want it shipped. Also they have got a lot in your country and to ship for me. The remaining excess funds should be sent to the Shipping Company via Western Union Money Transfer and the charges to get Funds transfered to them should be deduct from the excess funds you are sending to them ( SHIPPING COMPANY).For this i am compesating you w ith the sum of $100 .I will want you to provide me with the following details needed for the check Payment to get to you so that i can forward it to my client to issue the payment for you.kindly get back at me with the payment details so that the payment will get to you as soos as possible.

Home Address...
Full Name on cheque...
State...
Zipcode...
Country...
Telephone Number...
Mobilephone number...

I will be expecting the requested information as soon as possible, so as to facilitate the pace of the transaction.
Regards,
Nia..

[email protected] wrote:
received your e-mail, I will get back to you with pics after the holiday. both parts are in excellent condition. Just wanted to touch base with you and not leave you hanging.--Bill in michigan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How much mail storage do you get for free? Yahoo! Mail gives you 1GB!
Get Yahoo! Mail

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I had a simular deal from Canada. Took it to the BBB, then to the local postmaster to check for scam. Sure enoigh it was Bogus as Hell. Every thing about it was fake.

BTW: Check him out good.Start with the address. Where the hell is Lincoln RI? Not on my Atlas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayell on 12/27/06 10:31pm ]</font>

·
Banned
2,833 Posts
It's a scam. Had one try that on a car I was selling. Send you a cashier check and then want you to send it immediately. It's in the mail before the check clears then the check is bogus. That's why I use paypal or a CC with my wife verifing that the item arrived. And I'm working in the Middle East.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Here is the one I received. Looked a little questionable to me.

Attn Seller,
I am interested in purchasing from you the above named item listed ,which i got to know about from an extensive search on the web page. I am presently residing in 100 Higginson Ave - Lincoln, Rhode Island 02865 USA and would like to know if ad is still valid, the present condition of the item the recent pics and your least offering price. I would be glad to hear from you positively.
Regards,
Nia....

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Wow fella's! HOw damn hard is it to search a "WEB PAGE" ???

That was some extensive training he went through to search that page wasn't it...

What a bunch of tards... Their scams almost always work on someone though, because not everyone has some common sense....

FE

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
This kind of thing happens a LOT on craigslist...which I use nearly 24/7 lol. It sucks...and there's a lot of variations, but in the end they're all just scams =/.

Cris

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
The joys of open classifieds.

·
Programmer
856 Posts
Oldest scam in the books unfortunately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya, I new it wasn't legit. Got two letters for two different items on sale here and they both said the same thing. Thought I'd pass it on to everyone. Didn't know **** heads would show up on a ford page.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I did and I knew it was right away because I am giving my rear end away for free. Why would anyone ask for the lowest asking price...

·
Registered
729 Posts
On 2006-12-27 12:26, fordracerguy wrote:
Oldest scam in the books unfortunately.
Nah, the oldest scam is the one where someone from another country wants you to hold a large amount of money for them so they can move to the states and retrieve thier money when the become a citizen. The catch is that you have to send them your bank information so they can deposit the invisible money directly into your account. You get to keep the interest earned as a bonus.

There are a million scams out there just waiting for the right sucker.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 67falconer on 12/29/06 4:16am ]</font>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts