Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 351C 4V with filled intake ports. I have been debating the idea of filling the ports on my x-celerator or buying an intake with the raised ports. A friend of mine is into modifying boat motors for racing. We have been thinking of building a sheet metal intake for my engine. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do, and how I want to do it. I am just looking for advice on the do's and don'ts of sheet metal intake building. I do not have access to a flow bench, but I figure if I can keep everything the same it should be ok. Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have never built one but back when I ran clevelands I always wanted to. With the cleveland their is no water in the intake so it would not be very hard to build one. What did you use to fill the ports?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chad on 5/17/02 2:55am ]</font>

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am done aluminium intake for my 351c,gasket
surface is not machined yet but all tig welding is done.Floor is raised 1/4inc and height is about 7.5inc.port size is much bigger than Edelbrock Torker.
It is easy to make pro stock style manifold but one carb like my manifold was very dificult.Anyway,newer cant be sure which is best without dyno testing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts