Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through a book the other day and saw a picture of a 1970 Boss with a hood tach. I found out that it was dealer installed option in 69 and in 70 it was also a factory option.

Has anyone ever found a parts place that sells them? Repo is just fine for me but I would like to get one without paying through the nose for an original.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Ive been conversing with someone about this, try JC Whitney. He said he got one from them along time ago. And that what JC seems to be, outdated parts for the restorer. Give them a try, on their web site.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
find anything?

68 Fairlane/70 Cougar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark7068 on 4/14/02 3:24pm ]</font>

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked JC's and no luck there. I have also searched all over the web, the only thing I could find is some place in California called Andy's Autoshop makes custom hood tachs for Civics. I might drop them a note and see if they can do anything for me and how much. I am just suprised none of the current gauge companies make a generic hood tach.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
OOppss, it sold. Keep looking for ya.

68 Fairlane/70 Cougar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark7068 on 4/15/02 8:02am ]</font>

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had found that muscletachs.com place too with the sold Dixco. What really boggles me is I have started looking at GTO sites (the "hood tach" car when I think of hood tachs) and none of them have a repo either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts