1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so what did you do to make them fit?

What size tires did you use?

What was your backspacing?

I am thinking about a set of 15x10 inch wheels with 275/60 with a 4 inch backspacing. I am up for minor modifications like rolling the fender lips, but really don't want to do flares if possible.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Dale302

·
Registered
233 Posts
To be honest your best bet would be to sell the 15x10's and get 15x81/2 with a 5" backspace. I have a set of street tires that I use once in a while and they're the same as yours. If you put the 10's on with a 4" backspace they will hang outside a bit where as the 81/2" tuck under nicely. If you run the car at the track at all be careful with the 27560r15's as they will expand a bit and hit the wheel well if you get up around 100mph! Trust me on this one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 1970coupe,

I haven't bought the 15x10 wheels. I took my current wheel off and measured and I agree 15x10 will stick out a bit and even more with a wide tire on the rim.

What kind of wheels are your running? I assume your use a set of 15X8.5 with 5in BS, if so what size tires do you run?

I am looking for some wheels that are cheap, but durable enough for drag racing as well as some street driving.

By the way welcome 70 Mustang Coupe owner. These wheel are for my 70 Coupe that I've owned for 12 years.

Dale302

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I have 15x10s Weld Draglites on my '70 Mach I. I think the back spacing is 4.5". I have Hoosier Quick Time Pros that are 28x11.5". I had to hammer just a little bit on the front inside of the wheel well. They fit with no problems and the tires are about even with the wheel well on the outside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts