Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the front, or rear? i know the camber changes, but i want my car low again oneday!
too bad they dont make airride with robotic or hydraulic camber changes! wouldn't that be cool?!

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you are talking about the air ride suspension that is popular with pickups these days(with the ability to put the frame on the ground) I believe that the usual idea is to drive the car at ride height with the bags pumped up(no camber probs) and then display the car with the bags deflated to put the car on the ground. I know some guys who have done such a setup on a 65 falcon (would apply to mustang,fairlane,etc, as well) there are no kits out there so it was fairly custom. The rear used mono leaf springs with bags between the axle and rear subframe, the front was tricky, the shock was remounted outside the spring and an airbag was put inside the spring, I think he based it off a kit that Air Ride sells for early novas. It turned out pretty good (nothing broken yet) it doesnt "lay frame" as the lingo goes, but he can drive it around at near full hieght and then park and air the car down to a height unatainible for a "fixed" height car, handling is not too bad either. I hope this gave you some useful info.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jimbo on 2/22/02 8:17am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Aww man that's an awesome looking Mustang on the link you posted Fastback66. I love that stance, that engine is unbelivable.

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts