Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if you have adapted a serpentine belt/pulley setup to an early stang. More importantly, what waterpump did you use and what pulleys?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've converted over to serpentine on my 67 mustang(351w) I got an edelbrock victor series water pump: EDL-8840. This should be the same one that fits yours.(reverse rotation) I bought March pulleys and brackets. They're very proud of these ($540)The early model power steering pump won't work. You need one from a '79-'93 mustang. The early radiator won't work because of the bottom outlet, which is now on the driver's side to work with the different water pump. What else? They say you need an alternator from a '79-'93 mustang. If you're thinking about going with March pulleys & brackets, call the guy from March & remind him over & over exactly what you're doing & make him repeat what you need. They sent me the wrong kit, as well as did Summit. (It's a long story) It was well over $1,000 & a couple of months before getting the right parts before seeing the end results. If I had it to do over I probably wouldn't go through the trouble and expense. But does it look good? It's beautiful!!!!! I'll take a picture of it when I figure out how to post them. By the way, if you're planning on using an electric water pump, just remember to tell them because it's a different kit.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$1000?!!?

Well, unfortunatley, i was looking for a solution roughly 1/10th the price.

The two main problems i have is that the early style waterpumps have a smaller bolt circle on the pulley mounting flange. Then ofcourse is the issue of the water outlet and rotation.

Ideally if someone made a 5.0 water pump but std rotation and passanger side outlet, i'd be set.

·
Programmer
856 Posts
I paid 49$ for my brackets, pulleys, everything I need. Still need to get the belt but thats it. My setup will also be using the older style, standard rotation water pump...

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts