Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna be running a return regulator at the end of my fuel log, so I want my Mallory Comp 110 pump to put out as much pressure as possible and I'll regulate it at the end of the line. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
it's gonna pump whatever it can based on the voltage you supply it and the restriction in the line to the regulator. I recommend you run a relay to power the pump, that way you wont get a voltage drop across a direct 12V source. If you can get 12-13 V to the pump it will be fine.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I planned on running a relay to the pump. The line will be 1/2"" aluminum with a Russell Pro-Series 8" filter and a 5/16" return line. I just want the regulator to do all the work and not worry about the pump supplying too low of pressure. I heard there is a metal plug you put in place of the spring, but I dont have the metal plug, so that won't work for me.

·
Registered
502 Posts
plug replaces the spring in the adjustment port if its thesame as my 140. at the very least screw the pressure adjustment all the way in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dave's right-the small plug (just a piece of solid rod approx 1/4" long,make one by sawing off a piece of a bolt) replaces the spring and you just barely snug down the allen headed screw then install the lock nut. This keeps the internal bypass plunger against it's seat at all times. Be sure to use some sealer on the threads of the screw. That's it!

Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts