Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I could find a nice shifter handle to go with pro 5.0 in a 65 mustang???

Looking to get a nice shifter handle to go with the pro5.0shifter and t5. I see shifter handles all day long for the 79-2004. The geometry in the 65 is different and it seems like going from florida to california from the second to third shifts with one of fox body shifter handles. Mustangs plus has that restomod shifter, looks o.k. but I would rather have an old school hurst handle with a button for the line lock on a t-handle or roll control ball. Called hust and they didn't have a clue.
I guess I'm looking for the same geometry as the 4speed hurst handle for the 65. I suppose I could modify a four speed handle to work with the t5. If anyone has done this mod or has any part numbers on shifter handles it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Anyone know where I could find a nice shifter handle to go with pro 5.0 in a 65 mustang???

yep, i had the same problem, I just got a hurst stick and white knob, the bolts line right up, just two bolts then put the boot on and your done, it's a simple bolt on and looks awesome, I put a 4 speed knob on the t-5 just to give it more of an old school look. here is the websight, anyone of the shift handles should work.

www.mrgasket.com

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks, to clarify I'm looking for a reference # for the stick. Not a complete shifter but a stick that will work with the pro5.0 shifter that works well with the 65's so you don't have to lean so far forward to shift. I've found the handle but the actual stick is what I have had trouble finding. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
3,572 Posts

California Pony Cars
1906 Quaker Ridge Pl.
Ontario, CA 91761
(909) 923-8593

Apparently these guys have a vintage style Mustang 4 speed stick that goes on the pro 5.0 shifter that looks proper right down the reverse lock t handle. Stu

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

on page 8, after all the shift knobs

·
Registered
66 Posts

I've been thru this before!

My T5 shifter webpage

I'm using the aluminum 5380178 stick, but a lot of guys like the 5384106 steel stick - pretty much matches the original 65/66 stick dimensions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GT350Clone on 10/7/04 9:00pm ]</font>

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks guys that's the exact information that I needed.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

If you go here, you can find the sticks with the dimensions. With some measuring, you can pick one that suits you best. That's what I did, but I modified it later to make it lean back a little more. I can't remember the part number I picked.

http://go.mrgasket.com/pdf/hurstfull2001.pdf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts