Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a car I might want to buy in Flatwoods Ky.

Its a 10 1/2 hour drive from Milwaukee,but I was thinking if we had a member who lived near the car that could look at it in person for me?

Let me know? Thanks DT.

1995 F-350 XLT SuperCab DRW 460 EFI 2x4~~1991 Mustang GT 5.0 5-speed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 1/2/02 6:30am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, thanks anyway but the car is sold already...

It was a 70 Cyclone Spolier 429 Cobra-Jet 4-speed car.It was yellow with a black interior just like the one I used to own.

I have a list of cars that if I ever come across for sale I would almost certainly buy!

One of them is a yellow Cobra-Jet 70 Spolier like I found today for sale,but too late?

All the cars on my list are ones I wished I never would have sold,and I guess now Im just trying to replace them if I get the chance?

Also on the list is a white 66 Galaxie fastback 500XL with the light blue interior.
It was my first car and I want another one now!

I found A real nice 7 Liter for sale in Cali 428 auto white with light blue interior for a real nice price.

Im calling the guy tommorow and see what he says,I checked the shipping cost and its only about $700 to have it shipped to my house.

I have had this list of cars made out for a while now and Im always looking for the same color and models of cars I used to own and want to have again.

The Galaxie I had only was a 352 car,but this 428 Galaxie 7-liter would be about the same car I had only rarer and better!

I guess my list is so important to me,that nothing will stand in my way to aquire the cars on it.

1995 F-350 XLT SuperCab DRW 460 EFI 2x4~~1991 Mustang GT 5.0 5-speed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 1/2/02 9:28am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Looks like I'm not the only one here trying to capture their youth with getting cars that I use to own and now want again. I got my '68 Falcon wagon the same color interior and paint as my first car which was an identical '68 Falcon wagon. Sure feels good when you get that feeling back of long lost car returning. I hope you get the cars you want because you feel good once you have them and feel much more relaxed knowing you have them again. Damn mid life crisis!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats exactly the case with me Coupe,I think of how dumb I was to sell certain cars in years past!

And the cars Im looking for are not getting easy to find,so when you do find one you have to act fast!

1966 California 7-liter Galaxie for $5000!

Looks real nice,I would put some nice size steelies on back,and skinny torque thrusts up front and a Crites T-bolt hood!!!!!!!

Oooooooooooowwwweee! that would be sweet!

Ill call and see if he still has it.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I have Johnny Ray?

I have owned about 50 cars in the last 17 years,most of them not rare or really special.

But,there are the "list" cars that I have owned that I will have to own again!

They are the ones that I hold memories for and miss alot.

There are only 3 cars on the list,so its not really going to be impossible to get them.

We will see Im working on it!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm in Kentucky too, but have no idea where in hell Flatwoods is. I live close to Stinking Creek if you ever need anything there, lol. I don't never worry about what I used to have, if I were REALLY in love with it, I'd still have it. Just go nuts thinking about that stuff anyway. Long ago in another life...

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Sorry but I just have to ask,is there really a place called Stinking Creek? There is a town out here in California called Dunmovin, but no Stinking Creek, that I know of.

"We don't need no stinkin' badges"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Just Jim on 1/3/02 9:59am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
DT, there's a 64 Galaxie 500 for sale here, 352, auto, only 59000 miles on it it says. 4 grand Can.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yep, there really is a place called Stinking Creek here. Nobody can tell my WHY it's called Stinking Creek though, as you really can't smell it as far as I can tell.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Uriah, it got the name 'cause back in the 1800's it was fed from a sulfur spring underground. Just another piece of useless KY trivia...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts