Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly what I was thinking. I believe Carrol Shelby was very particular what his name went on, let alone Ford's strict licensing. Cracks me up on the asking price :rolleyes: I wonder if the seller made this or got duped into believing it was a factory option.

·
Administrator
21,924 Posts
Should be selling on ebay for that kind of money, better chance of getting it. If i thought i had something worth that much i would or hemmings or somewhere more widely viewed. Durn, guess he has to keep it. lol It is possible he actually believes it is a shelby. Hopefully a buyer doesn't show up and buy it as one without verifying first!

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
On the auction sites, viewers can post comments and questions that everyone can see, and the seller cannot erase. Makes it harder to sell when there are 42 posts on the ad saying "BS!"

David

PS: We have some members here with badged cars that I have no issues with, as they will not try to pass it off as the real-deal when selling or asked about it.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
The air cleaner on that 'hipo 351' will really let all those 'horses' breath and those 'hipo' cast iron exhaust manifolds and 1 1/2 " exhaust will really spells ground shaking performance :bs::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Hey Joe, do you see the words "CLONE" anywhere either? No, you just see some tardsack trying to sell a regular old $2500 dollar Galaxie for $37,500 more than it's worth now or ever will be worth in the future, and YES they DID modify the ad...

And the 351 is the baby motor for that car, it would be worth $3500 with the 390 or 429.

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
I see that the owner hasn't even bothered to reply in his Facebook comments.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts