Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
as for getting cut or looseing fingers, never had any problems as i keep ,my fans inside the fan SHROUD as even a clutch fan will cut you, as the shroud also keeps timing light wires safe, it clearly says beware ,danger ,fan, but thats from my experience,and a opinion, my pickup has had a plastic flex fan ,for two years, and i'm always bending over it while its running, but a 79 shroud will hold most people out ,ok bill

·
Banned
864 Posts
On 2005-07-30 23:36, mrlucky390 wrote:
as for getting cut or looseing fingers, never had any problems as i keep ,my fans inside the fan SHROUD as even a clutch fan will cut you, as the shroud also keeps timing light wires safe, it clearly says beware ,danger ,fan, but thats from my experience,and a opinion, my pickup has had a plastic flex fan ,for two years, and i'm always bending over it while its running, but a 79 shroud will hold most people out ,ok bill
They just cant keep There Hands away from a moving fan
'

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
How much room do you have between the radiator and water pump? IIRC, most cars have the same bolt pattern at the pump pulley, so its just a matter of fitting it to your application. Take a measurement fron the water pump flange to the radiator. I bet we can figure one out that will work for you. If your running a shroud, get a measurement that will more or less center the fan in the shroud.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Oh BTW Mr Lucky 390

I dont think you realise when these guys complain about getting cut, it has very little to do with a running engine. Just changing the belts on a car with a flex fan can cut ya up pretty bad, I know from experience.

I switched to clutch fans early on, and I've always been happy. Even in 118 degree desert heat.

Also, for what its worth, my 71 cooled better with a 5 blade clutch fan than the 4 blade fixed it came with. I cant recall the times, but it also picked me up a lil at the track.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Luv70sFords on 7/31/05 12:36pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Just go with an electric fan, they are worth it just for the fact that they are very safe, let alone they are very good at cooling and save some horsepower.

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Electric fans are not the panacea of all cooling problems, besides they usually bring a host of problems of their own. Electrical, thrermostats, relays, clearance issues, plus some of em aren't strong enough to cool the car on their own anyway. Don't get me wrong, I have a pusher on the Liner to help out the engine driven fan, but like everything else, you gotta do it right to make it work right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts