Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What my HP is going to be? My combo is a stock H.O with the following things done to it,balanced,compression 11-1,windage tray,ported E7 heads,under drives,1-5/8 equal length shorties. Any guesses?
Also any 1/4 mile times? It is an 87 Cougar XR7-2800 stall,3.55 gears,shift kit,street tires,flowmaster 2 chambers and 3685 with me in it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cougar on 4/9/02 6:03am ]</font>

·
Registered
100 Posts
i gotta be curious about this 11 to 1 compression bit... typo or did you really do that?

If it's really the case, i'm gonna guess "Not enough to be worth the hassle" for power....if it doesn't melt a piston from detonation before it hits its max power.You can gain 20hp on the compression alone, but i doubt you have a big enough cam to use it and those shorty headers don't help matters any. You'll need 94 octane for normal driving and race gas for the dyno test or racing to avoid that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO it is not a typo- And I know I will need 94 octane all this is old news,The H.O cam is what I am basing this around,I want to get as much as I can from stock parts as I can,some time down the road I am sure I will get a different cam but I doubt it I like the H.O cam. But you think it was worth 20hp that is cool,Oh this car only sees about 500 miles or so a year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts