Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know how much torque one of these trannies will hold if properly built?
A friend of mine wrecked his F 150 and i'm thinking of pulling the tranny from it(it's a 4R70W according to the tranny code on the door)
Thanks

Bryan

·
Registered
35 Posts
grab it up...what are you putting it in ??
you'll need a baumannator TCS to control it.
http://www.baumannengineering.com
i use the 4R70W with awesome results.it's in a 4500# truck and stands up to a 200 shot off the line. 1.59 60ft(on a good day). talk to baumann about what to upgrade(one way clutch,OD band,etc.)even though i used art carr parts.

can you say "full throttle overdrive on the spray?"

also,if you are efi,resist the temptation to just use the eec-iv/v processor from the truck.they have a torque reduction stategy that even the best tuners out there (chris johnson)have fits with.it's best to use the A9L/or whatever 5 speed processor with the baumannator TCS.

low 12 sec. '95 F-150....lookin' for 11's soon

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: noslofoord on 1/8/02 11:43pm ]</font>

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking at it for my '68 torino.
i'm still debating on what exact combo to run,but it will be based on the '69 351w that is in the car. I'm going to run a carburetor, i deal with too many FI systems at work(lol)! if i run this, i will probably use the baumann box

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, i now have one more greasy lump on the garage floor to trip over!

Macx i sent you an e-mail, maybe it'll get through this time

Thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts