Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am looking for someone that has completed an AOD transmission conversion on a 66/67 Fairlane. I am planning on performing this upgrade this winter and I would like to get some details from someone who has already sourced all of the parts required to make it work.

Please contact me if you would be willing to share this info.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
http://www.darkhorseperformance.com/acatalog/AOD_Crossmembers_and_Parts.html

ask them, they have the parts, keep in mind there are some years of aod's that are known for breaking easily, other years are stronger. give dark a call and he should know, he knows whats is needed for most swaps on a 66 flane. and has the correct crossmembers too. many things that work for a stang will also work in a flane.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am in the process of doing the same thing.

AOD behind a 351W but i want to keep my shifter ont he column. I went out and got a junk AOD and gutted it out. I put it up under the car to make sure everything cleared and made a new transmission mount for the rear.

Here are a couple of places that might help with the cables and stuff.

I haven't talked to them yet so i can't help you there. That is my next mission.

Ron Morris Performance
1001 Reno Avenue, Suite 2F, Modesto, CA. 95351
209-605-1590

Windsor-Fox Performance Engineering
18737 Outer Hwy. 18
Apple Valley, CA 92307
(760) 946-3835

Good artical for you http://www.mustangandfords.com/howto/30358/index.html

Lokar Performance Products
Call Toll Free 1-877-469-7440
10924 Murdock Drive • Knoxville, TN 37932
(865) 966-2269 • fax (865) 671-1999 • [email protected]

These are the places i know about and I think they will help you out. Good luck and let me know if you need help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I PUT A AOD IN MY 67 FAIRLANE.i got it out of a 86 tbird make sure you get the throddle linkage with it.you need it.you will also have to move your rear trans mount approx two inchesback.I made my own shift rod and kept my column shift looks like stock. very easy to do. go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts