Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I know its a TV cable. Do any of you know if the conversion cable for swapping an AOD into a 67-70 that places like Mustangs Plus and CJ pony parts sells is the same as the Lokar braided AOD kickdown that Summit sells? There is a considerable price difference but they look very similar.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
If I remember correctly, you have to get a bracket for the carbuerator to use an AOD, because the ratio of the slot for a kickdown isn't the same as it needs to be for proper movement of an AOD cable.

I'm sure the parts houses sell something similar to the Summit piece, but probably cheaper quality.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thekingofazle on 7/6/06 1:55am ]</font>

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do know about the adapter and there are two one for Holley and one for Edelbrock. Summit is cheaper on that also. The adapter does not come with the cable from any of them it is a seperate item. I just dont want to try to save a buck and end up with the wrong part.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I would go with summit, or check out a local speed shop and see if they have what you need. I would tend to trust local shops over mass importing warehouses, but I would trust Summit over a smaller Mustang... I mean... Mu$*% [email protected] parts house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts