Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 89 mustang (my rag top daily driver)my AOD,I think gave up!The car ran fine for years but i did the shuffle 1-D-1 and then afterwards it started not to shift in overdrive...then later it was shifting only at 4000 rpm..But it doesn`t slip!,the car has 150,000 miles,the oil in the trannny has never been changed the level is good it is dark red but not brown and doesn`t stink.I later heard that the car might have overheated when I lend it for a wedding to a good friend the heater core was leaking when he brought it back...Before I change it I was thinking of changing the fluid and the filter to see if it might cure the problem by getting more pressure ...maybe a check ball is stock in crap...please help!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cobraII on 4/11/02 6:43am ]</font>

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I'm sure some of the other guys on here will be of more help, but I would check the TV cable to see if it's adjusted right. It could've gotten out of adjustment, or even broken. This will cause erratic shifting, no shifts, sometimes they slip...etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That`s one thing I didn`t think of! Actually in 99, I did change one of the bushings of the tv cable because it loose,and then the shift rpm were higher... but it still went in OD...I thaught because I did the "shuffle"that I damaged the tranny,I didn`t even look at that!! Thanks !!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cobraII on 4/11/02 9:36pm ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts