Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--- Best Stroker motors...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon350 - 9:38 pm on Mar. 1, 2001

Anybody have good or bad things to say about the company their stroker was from?...or perhaps you got parts from them and liked or disliked them...let me know, I'm trying to find who does the best quality 351W->393-408.
For instance C.H.P., D.S.S., D&D,Ford Motorsports, P.A.W.,or Summit??
I'm looking for something in the area of 550hp and around 500ft/lbs-tq....I'm wishing it to be semi streetable...but it'll spend most of it's time on the SCCA and VARA circuits.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bottled408 - 12:17 pm on Mar. 2, 2001

I used a Coast High Performance 408 stroker kit. I have been real pleased with the kit up to and including this point.

----------
1993 mustang GT (cobra look-alike)
1966 mustang coupe (10sec bottled 408)

mike - 12:35 pm on Mar. 2, 2001

I just finished a 331 stroker that I ordered from Coast High Performance.
The kit came with the wrong size rod bearings and incorrect piston rings.
I had to eat the shipping charges back to Coast to receive the right parts.
The engine turned out fine, but they need to pay more attention when making up the kit.
My nickel's worth.

SCOTT - 12:58 pm on Mar. 2, 2001

I AM BUYING MY 408 "KIT" IN PEICES.
4" STROKE EAGLE FORGED CRANK(CHEVY ROD JOURNALS) $480 EVEN---SUMMIT SELL THEM FOR $729 THAT REDICLIOUS
6.2 EAGLE 3D CHEVY RODS(PLEASE DON'T HATE ME)$420 EVEN
CUSTOM PISTONS FOR "R" HEADS 13.5-1 COMP. I WAS QUOTED $750(STILL LOOKING TO SEE IF I CAN GET THEM CHEAPER)

THE EAGLE PRODUCTS LOOK GREAT AND THEY MIC. OUT TO THE CORRECT SIZE.

----------
SMOKIN RICE, ONE DRAG AND YOUR HOOKED

Dyno Tom - 1:01 pm on Mar. 2, 2001

I have used coast high performace,and those guys are pretty good there!

They seemed to have help in any area I needed.

I know they will be able to help you for the type of power you are looking for!

I am starting a new engine project,its a stroker 460,well for that kit Ill be using a SCAT stroker kit,the one Im probobly going with is there 557 kit.

So it could not hurt to go on there website and see what they have.

Here is there address www.scatcrankshafts.com I know alot of guys who have built some very powerfull motors using scat parts,so this place has proven them selfs to me!

----------
PERFORMANCE LEGEND SUPER CARS
WISCONSIN, USA

89 coupe - 3:23 pm on Mar. 2, 2001

Scat also makes 3.98" stock stroke 428 cranks too.

----------
KENT--'65 Fairlane 500 wagon w/351W, '89 coupe(in progress), '88 California GT, '78 Fairmont Wagon w/392

Fueler - 2:41 am on Mar. 3, 2001

try Speed-O-Motive.

----------
Drink Gas Haul A$$
American Racing

macx - 9:40 am on Mar. 3, 2001

Hey, Scott. Check with www.jepistons.com. Their Yates head type pistons match the twist wedge heads, and they've got lots of variations so might find a shelf piston that would work out.

Gearhead999 - 7:06 pm on Mar. 3, 2001

I have a Speed-a-motive stroker kit. 351W to 426. The parts look first class, I haven't put it together yet. Time is at a premium right now.

They were also very helpful on the phone when I was ordering it.

It is going in 68 FB.

MUSTANG MIKE - 7:16 pm on Mar. 3, 2001

I have a 545 stroker kit from Coast High Performance, and so far im very happy with the kit, im in the middle of building it but so far it looks good. Mustang Mike

----------
MICHAEL G MILLER

MUSTANG MIKE - 7:17 pm on Mar. 3, 2001

IT should be faster than Greg 514. Mustang Mike

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I have a friend that bought a 3500 dollar 408 stroker short block from C.H.P. And with 100 miles on it he had a rod bearing failer. He sent the engine back, and 6 months later when they got around to it the repaired what was broke at no cost. But he really had to jump through hoops to get chp to make it right. Thats my only dealing with chp. For what it is worth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts