Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--- search for 514 Stroker BBF parts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim R - 6:05 pm on Feb. 6, 2001

I am going to be putting together a BBF stroker for my pro street mustang project and I am looking for anyone that as found pistons and or rods cheaper than the usual places such as Summit and Jegs etc.
I want a good 6.8 H beam rod so far I have found them as low as $399 a set. I have found a source for Keith Black Stroker pistons pt.# KB152 or KB316 for $44.00 each so I only want places that could beat these prices OK Thanks everyone Great Site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

460 Tom - 8:33 pm on Feb. 6, 2001

Tim,Sounds like one hekofa motor for that digger! Who did you find that had the best price on the crank, and are you going cast or forged????? Tom

Ron1 - 8:40 pm on Feb. 6, 2001

I just went to an electric waterpump on my 514, so I have the original waterpump, and have the original oil pan...went to a Canton.

Ron

aaron - 8:48 pm on Feb. 6, 2001

you ahve the original oil pan? from the 514 crate motor? if it is a rear sump i would be intersted in buying that from you but only if Tim R doesnt want it, he has beat me to it!

----------
Aaron, 85 mark VII , 1971 Boss 351, 88 htcbck 460 buildup
1987 mustang LX conv (stock)

Tim R - 11:57 pm on Feb. 6, 2001

Tom,
I am having a stock crank offset ground and then getting it treated to a harding process as this is much cheaper way to go if you don't have to pay to much for the work and I have a guy that is doing it as a favor to me so it is cheap. I can tell you though that Ken at
www.horsepowerzone.com
has some really low prices on cranks so give him a call if you are looking for one.

Tim R - 12:04 am on Feb. 7, 2001

Ron,
I have already got a Milodin pan, but thanks for the offer I would get a hold of Aaron (see other post) if you are going to sell as he said he was interested if it is a rear sump.
As for your water pump can you give me more details such as what kind is it cast or aluminum, stock or after market, and how old is it or is it new and you just went with an electric?

Tim R - 12:09 am on Feb. 7, 2001

Aaron,
you should contact Ron if you want his pan as I already have a good one for my engine. I posted a message to that effect so he also knows I don't need one, I may be interested in his water pump though, so would sure like first chance at that OK

Ron1 - 11:18 pm on Feb. 7, 2001

The pan and pump are both brand new. The pan is rear sump and comes with the pick up, the pump is an Ford Motorsport aluminum that came with the crate motor. pulled it off new and went to a Canton front sump pan, and a Meziere electric water pump.

e-mail me at [email protected]

Ron

Edited by: Ron1

RPM - 10:51 pm on Feb. 8, 2001

Hey Tim R, where'd you find those rods for $399?

Tim R - 6:40 pm on Feb. 9, 2001

RPM
I got that price from Ken at
www.horspowerzone.com
if you contact him though don't quote me on that price as he may have made me a special deal on them since I do quit a bit of business with him OK. He is a great guy that knows a ton about engines, he has his own dyno and he used to work for the great Jack Roush plus he just happens to live only about 30 minutes from me here in eastern South Dakota.

Tim R - 8:26 pm on Feb. 11, 2001

say guys I almost forgot another great place to pick up stroker parts or other hard parts for that matter is at
www.flatlanderracing.com
give their site a looking over you won't believe the prices. they also sell 6.8 rods for $399.

BCR466 - 5:47 pm on Feb. 12, 2001

Tim R : Are you speaking of Ken Moe in Valley Springs S.D.? If so you are correct about him He knows his ###t! I bought parts from him in 88 when he was known as Performance Motorsports. At that time there were few who were building 460 engines & even less who knew anything like Ken. He saved this Mississippi boy a lot of money.

Tim R - 6:25 pm on Feb. 12, 2001

He is the man alright.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts