Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since i've looked at a set, but is there a left and right side?

thanks

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Just as reassurance, I put on new leafs I purchased from mustangs plus and they were identicle to each other, I even called them up and asked the same question before I installed them, they are not side specific.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I should of said I work in a spring shop making springs for cars and trucks. No they arent side specific.

Rick

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Just to further clarify, they aren't side specific, but there usually is a front and back to each spring. Usually the front bushing is already installed though, and it'd be pretty obvious if you tried to bolt it up backwards.

-Brian

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thanks, i figured they were identical but wanted to make sure. The car is sagging on one side, and the springs are only 15,000 miles old, if that even. I was contemplating swapping the springs around to see if the sagging switches sides (indicating I need new springs) or if the problem stays on one side (look into possible frame or mount damage..)

But tonight I had the car up on stands, and it sits level, there is no damage (car has never been hit), so its a safe bet the spring is sagging. I'll get new ones...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts