Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have caught a lot of flak over my non-original door panels over the years from random car guys at Auto Zone, etc. I know they are homemade jobbers from the previous owner and am patiently waiting for reproductions to become available again in my color. But many of these same guys also claim my seat covers (non XL) are not original as well...and I think they are wrong. I mean, maybe they are not 100% original and have been redone at some point, but if that's the case I feel they were at least re-done to look OEM (unlike the door panels). I suspect most of these guys don't understand not all Galaxies had the XL interior.

What do you guys think...do these seats look original-ish?

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Registered
246 Posts
I had a 63 years ago. My interior was all black so it didn't have that 2tone look. That said, I think it all looks just fine. I understand your desire to have it all original. I waited over a year for the correct interior for my 61 Starliner.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Also, you might look to see if you can find old sales literature, either physical items on eBay or uploaded images by people sharing them. You can also find TV commercials on YouTube. They might not have your exact color pattern but you could see if the pattern is the same for vinyl bench seats, etc.

Pat

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.

I found a couple options for the door panels, one was Mustang Market and the other was a local guy (Seattle area) but both of them came in at just under $1k for the full set which seems absurd. I checked back with Mac's / Ecklers and they are now offering my Lt Gold color (closer to $500), but the rear panels are temporarily unavailable so I will wait on those but will get them ordered as soon as they are available.

I think I'll hold off on the seats as I don't believe they are as egregious as the door panels. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts