Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying a PAW warehouse engine kit. It seems to be pretty good , I was looking at the short block kits with your choice of compression ratios and cams its all balanced and everything is there but the oil pump for $1299.00 with fordged pistons. My question is are they any good? Has anyone tried one of their kit? Thanks. Oh yeah the motor is a 351c

·
Registered
221 Posts
Before my rebuild, I researched a lot of the engine kits. I almost went with the one from PAW until I added in the extras (moly rings, 0.030 block, etc.) and then added in the shipping. Turns out it cost me less to have machine work done locally and use a forged piston rebuild kit from Speed-O-Motive.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I can't say how they compare price wise with your machine shops in the states but the motor in my stang is a paw kit that I bought used off of a guy(totalled his comet with only a couple thousand miles on the motor) back in about 1987.I have had the valves redone but other than that I have pounded this motor from the time I got it and it is still running strong in my stang.Before I got my rev limiter It saw more than 7000 rpms a few times.whoops!The motor is a .030 over 68 302.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts