Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of getting those dynomax race bullet mufflers for my 351w, but i wanted to know how loud they are, and how they sound, are they louder than 2 chamber flows?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Someone out there has to have tried them, Helloooooo...... I'm also interested in how they sound. I assume they will louder than 2 chamber Flowmasters. I'm interested in what they sound like. I'm thinking of running 3" out of the hedders into 3" Bullets than tapering down to the tails unless I can find tails bigger than 2.5".

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have them on my 69 Mustang drag car. Way loud. I have 3.5" in and out, 5" main body. I run them with dumps though. The only way I would ever consider them for the street is with full tail pipes.

I also had 2.5" in/out two chamber flowmasters a few years back. The Bullets are louder by a good bit.

You can see them here:

Later,

David Cole

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
we run them on our comet drag car they a loud they just take away the high pitch sound. in Colorado we could never run them on the street unless we don't mind having a cop glued to our rear bumber
alan

·
Registered
777 Posts
I ran the 3.5" in/out bullet mufflers a few years back. They were very loud, and they slowed the car down. But like was mentioned, they did take the high pitched edge of the exhuast note, but then it was just a deep loud. I liked mine so much that when I sold the car , they went along for no extra charge.

But the Borla's I have now, they're a different story all together.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hmmm. Mine is faster with the bullets on it. Not by much, about .04-05 in the 1/8, but it's there. And it's backwards of where you would think. 60 ft is .02 slower, picks it up on the top end. I think maybe I get a little scavenging effect similar to a step header. I have 3" collectors, but 3.5" pipes and muffler in/out. Used a 8" long Flomaster reducer cone turned around backwards to mate them. It's collector, 8" cone, 15" of 3.5" pipe and then the mufflers.

A buddy of mine has a tube chassis Maverick that runs 5.90's 1/8 mile with a 383 C302B headed motor. He has the same mufflers I do. He bought a set of the Borlas. Thought they should help the car since they cost so much. Car slowed down .03-.04 with no other changes. He put the Bullets back on.

Later,

David Cole

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have them on my '67 stang. 2.5 inches inlet/outlet. They are LOUD. I enjoy them and I always get a stare when driving down the road but my little boy wakes up everytime I crank the car up in the morning to drive to work. I am considering putting on a set of Flowmaster Delta Flow 2 chambers on. I did noticed quite a increase in power, but i did remove the exhaust manifold for a set of long tube headers and dual exhaust when comparing to the 1.5 inch Y pipe that was on it. I do have noticable hearing loss now though...Just Kidding. Seriously, you will get the attention of the local law enforcement with those mufflers but they sure sound good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts