Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to locate a front seat for a 63 1/2 Galaxie without much success. I have found a 64 Galaxie split back front seat. Are they the same and will the tracks on the 64 seat fit the floor pan on the 63? Thanks for any help out there. I am new to the forum so I thought I would post a photo of my Galaxie. It is an all original sheet metal car that has spent most of its life in indoor storage after the owner placed it there when the original 352 motor blew. It remained in storage for over 30 years and was purchased with no engine or transmission by the new owner in New Jersey. The new owner purchased a Genesis iron block (FE 427) and had 422 Motorsports build a 482 inch engine for the car. My son and I purchased the car from this owner in 2013. When we got the car it had some of the Ford Lightweight Galaxie drag parts on it. I have since removed most of those parts and replaced with OEM correct Ford parts. The big engine is still there with a new toploader. The small Bostrom lightweight bucket seats are still there and that is why I am looking for a correct bench seat. I have already sold the fiberglass teardrop hood, thunderbolt style air cleaner box and flexible hoses from the inboard headlights, and the ceramic tube headers. I replaced the headers with the correct tri-Y long tube cast iron factory pieces and a completely original exhaust system. Hope I didn't bore anyone, just wanted to provide a little info on the car.
DSCN5499 (2).jpg

DSCN5201 (2).JPG

This photo was taken when the car still had all of the Lightweight Galaxie parts on it. OEM arm rests have been placed back on the car now.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
I believe they are - certainly the aluminium side plates on my 63.5 front seats are the same as a 64...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts