Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am descending into rear end hell. You know, go in to fix one thing, then another, then before you know it your car is on jacks for six months!

Currently I am concerned with rebuild creep, in particular the rear control arms. How does this bushing look (pic) Yes it is crackeled on the surface but the rubber feels rubbery. I am just wondering what I would get by replacing them - besides a world of hurt and maybe expense!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
It is presently in the center as it has no present load being applied to it. The car is a 1965 model. I think you have gotten your moneys worth out of the bushing(s).

It is your decision as to how far you want to go to bring the car back into spec. If this exercise was intended to be able to fit over-sized tires under the car (these posts get very lengthy and jump from thread to thread), it would seem to me that you would want the rear asm completely centered and unable to deflect.

If it were mine, I would save up my duckets and SPOHN the car.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered the adjustible panhard bar yesterday.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I ordered the adjustible panhard bar yesterday.
That's good (IMO) as now you will have the asm centered no matter what trim level you finally arrive at (even weak springs).

Lay off the BUD and girlfriends for another couple of weeks and you should be able to afford new lower arms also... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts