Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10,301 Posts
Not to get wrapped into the "fun police" debate, but I'll mention the attitude of the techs and handlers at the local track is quite strict on personal safety gear and proper use. You get one warning, and then you are kicked off the property. Almost all the racers support the attitude, as they know - if one guy gets burned or killed that will be the end of the track for everyone, and it will never return. Nobody wants to drive hours to one of the few other remaining tracks, nor be known as "that guy" who lost the local track for everyone else.

David

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Hey so I don't want to get in the fight, but the talk about safety reminded me of when I would race bikes in a tshirt and jeans at this track, and back then it was guardrail. I kinda regret being that reckless. I remember people were rolling dice in the burnout box, giving you a "helpful" push off the start line, hearing about people getting stabbed over $5 bets, and yeah it was pretty much an experience. I haven't been back in 5 years or so but it doesn't look like it's calmed down much. I think the weekly street races honestly were safer. Not safe, but safer than nights at Yello belly.

GOOD TIMES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwtbNFjckJs

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Hey so I don't want to get in the fight, but the talk about safety reminded me of when I would race bikes in a tshirt and jeans at this track, and back then it was guardrail. I kinda regret being that reckless. I remember people were rolling dice in the burnout box, giving you a "helpful" push off the start line, hearing about people getting stabbed over $5 bets, and yeah it was pretty much an experience. I haven't been back in 5 years or so but it doesn't look like it's calmed down much. I think the weekly street races honestly were safer. Not safe, but safer than nights at Yello belly.

GOOD TIMES

Fast Cars at Yellow Belly Drag Strip 4-7-2013 - YouTube
Man, that looks more like a riot scene from a movie than a racetrack...

41 - 44 of 44 Posts