Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 62 has the wrong air cleaner on it. It's a 200 6 from a falcon. The air cleaner that came with this car is not the right cleaner. It has a riser, and my 200 6 has no riser from the exhaust.

Okay, so I suppose it don't hurt to ask, so, anyone here have a air cleaner stuffed away from when you did a motor swap and your never going to use it again. Wanna pass it on?.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Sprint air cleaner that should be perfect for your rig. I just gotta find it.... I also have one off my 61 that's only painted not chrome like the spring model. I was saving them for e-bay, but I might like you more than I like money if your heart is in the right place with your car.

I would much prefer the one from the 61 because it's more original. My car, I am restoring stock and as close to original as I can get. The 62 Fairlane is the same model as my first car when I was 16. Only differance, this one is a 6. The original I had was a 221 8.

I have a web site I started for the 62. Click on the link, and check out the site. Check out the LogBook pages. I am up to Page three, currently. LogBook is a running "diary" of the cars progress along with pictures and videos on You Tube. (You Tube user name: MyGoingsOn". You can also click any you tube link on the site and it'll take you there.

The 62 Fairlane has special meaning to me as it was my first car, along with many "firsts".

Ckeck out the site and let me know if you think my heart is in the right place with this car. I purchased it in New Holland PA 122 miles from where I live in December, and been working on it several times a week after work, and days off... Let me know what you think of the site and all the work I did to the car so far, Including a valve job... Yes, on a 6. Not looking for speed. Originality.

Thanks
Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts