Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I just spent a few days in Atlanta, we are thinking of moving there, She is from there and we both really like it, i think it is gonna happen, i was wondering if any of you are in or around Atlanta ?

If so, how do you find having an old car there ?

Parts ?

Cruising ?

Shows ?

I know it will not be anything like So Cal, but we really want to buy a house and live a little more comfortably.

L

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I live about eighty miles south of Atlanta. That's just over an hour drive: The way people drive here. I like living here better..

There is a cruise in here each month on the first Saturday, and one on the second Saturday. There are a lot of shows here also. The Middle Georgia area is a haven for old car enthusist. There is couple of drag strips in the area. There is something to do every weekend, about nine or ten months a year.

Old car junkyards are still around. They have had a toll taken on them in the last few years, like the rest of the nation. The price of metal has made the owners crush a lot of cars. Most owners usually save older cars.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayell on 12/24/06 11:18pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I’m about 30 miles south of Atlanta and like rayell says something is going on year round, and it's old car haven. Somethings about the state laws: You can use old license plates on ’70 and older vehicles. If you want you can legally run around with ‘blue dot’ tail lights.

No earthquakes or mud slides. But every road in Atlanta is named Peachtree St.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in cobb county. lot's of older cars around. I work ln marietta some old gal's up here. i'm around the block from Hank Young Choppers and about a mile or so from Joe Smith Antique Auto and up in conyers is Melvin's Classic Car's.
All-n-all not a bad place.

Ken

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm in Chattanooga, 2 hours north of Atlanta. Traffic is bad, prices a little high (but you're in LA, so forget what I said), restaurants are great, and Tennessee/Alabama/Georgia is stuffed with speed shops, car nuts, and antique automobiles! I say move, the differences in taxes alone are worth it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts