Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows a used engine importer of big blocks who delivers Australia wide? and if known, what's the price range for these engines?

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Not sure of any that have reasonable prices.I just keep watching the trading post and hopefully something might come up...

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a friend who uses an importer in Melbourne.
I am buying one tomorrow actually (in pieces) with a set of 30 over pistons plus a supposedly good C6 for 900. It has a PortO Sonic with it too so its good value.
I paid 900 for mine with the c6 too. It was classed as a runner but it was rebuilt anyway.
I dont think you should pay more than 1000 for a complete motor inc trans as a rebuilder. This includes exhaust mans, torque conv dizzy alternator starter the lot.
Suburban imports on the east coast does BBF as reconds for about 3500 I think.

Do you want one built?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Try the Engine Centre based in Melbourne (Ithink). Pretty good prices, and delivery australia wide at reasonable prices. I was going to get a running 460 through them, until I lost my job

I think their web address is www.enginecentre.com.au

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys.
I'm deciding whether to go big block or a 351 Clevo in my XC ute which at the moment has a 250 crossflow.
It will be a while before the V8 goes in and i'll be rebuilding the engine myself.

·
Registered
66 Posts
GTHO4, you are in the same state as me
I was going to drop a 460 into my XT, until the aforementioned job loss and the fact that it was becoming bigger than Ben Hur to achieve engineer/DOT approval. Life should be easier when dropping it into the XC as long as 4 wheel discs are used. I may still do the swap but I am put off by the limitations to exhaust diameter/design given by the shock towers. Easy power though.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
GTHO4,definitely go with the 460 you will love it .It is an easy fit in an XC.I think i gave you some tips a while ago but any questions just ask as i have done a few conversions on XA-XE's.I'll try to help if i can.That site jason gave has some good prices too.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah the prices seems good at that place , over here those rebuildable big block engines might as well be gold plated for the prices they're asking.

On 2002-01-06 02:38, gregaust wrote:
I think i gave you some tips a while ago
Yes you did and I also printed them but now I can't find them.
Anyway I'll ask you again when I get my s**t together.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GTHO4 on 1/6/02 9:10pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On 2002-01-05 05:47, Jason wrote:
GTHO4, you are in the same state as me
I was going to drop a 460 into my XT, until the aforementioned job loss and the fact that it was becoming bigger than Ben Hur to achieve engineer/DOT approval. Life should be easier when dropping it into the XC as long as 4 wheel discs are used. I may still do the swap but I am put off by the limitations to exhaust diameter/design given by the shock towers. Easy power though.
Yeah it is a bit quiet at work for me so it could take a while before things start rolling but doesn't cost anything to do my homework in the meantime.

I dunno if this will help but try these guys for your exhaust problem they deliver Australia wide.

http://www.rodshop.com.au

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have a look in Parts Peddler. Its a magazine like Unique Cars. Avail at news agents. Its full of second hand stuff, retailers and private.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know the Rodshop well. Put together a Clevo powered Capri using his kit, along with his Falcon disc setup. Good gear, goes together no hassles. I actually got the thing registered in WA, quite easy in the end. As for the extractors, I have seen them and they are a 4:2:1 design with 2" primaries. Not a bad set, but I feel they will be lacking once I start getting some power out of the beast. Correct me if I am wrong. Still considering the swap.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On 2002-01-08 05:52, Jason wrote:
I know the Rodshop well. Put together a Clevo powered Capri using his kit, along with his Falcon disc setup. Good gear, goes together no hassles. I actually got the thing registered in WA, quite easy in the end. As for the extractors, I have seen them and they are a 4:2:1 design with 2" primaries. Not a bad set, but I feel they will be lacking once I start getting some power out of the beast. Correct me if I am wrong. Still considering the swap.
Me suggest you do something less stressful like a stroker Windsor.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know, stroker windsors are cool, but the cost is a bit out there. I am tempted. god, I don't know, way too many options

1 - 13 of 13 Posts