Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I snagged a 67' Galaxie last fall. 289 four door with 60,000 miles. Engine has been rebuilt recently and it runs likes a clock with only minor issues like oil blowback and needing new belts. My issue is the previous owner for some reason felt it was necessary to remove all of the fender badges and trunk badge/FORD. They were lost, of course, and I am having a hell of a time finding replacements. I'd settle for reproductions but I can only find parts for up to 66 and 69 on. It's like there is a black hole for the 1967 part wise on the internet. I know from research that the 68 FORD will work on my trunk but the GALAXIE 500 down the flanks is causing me to pull my hair out.

Also, lets see if someone can put this to rest, I know the 390 and up have a badge that goes on the front fenders. I have seen two 67 289's with 289 badges that are similar to the 390 badge. I can't find any record that this is standard. I assume these were either pulled from a Fairlane or Mustang (minus the pony)?

If anyone can point me in the right direction here that would be great. It is a shame to have a restore and not have those badges.

-Frank

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Do the letters off a 66 fit your car? I have original F-O-R availible sadly no extra "D"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff, that would be great. Thank you.

As an update...I located and purchased the side lettering for cheat this evening. Found the trunk badge yesterday evening but am still working on getting a reasonable price for it. Guy wants too much sadly.

-Frank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts