Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Dyno Tom,
I would like to know if you have a couple of good pictures of the street rod that has the lightning motor in it that was at the Woodward cruise? Seems that I am working with an electrician who helped install the engine and drivetrain in that car. He works for Ford's research an development from spring until fall and is currently filling in as an electrician in his spare time. The car has a very interesting story behind it also. Seems it was confiscated on a drug bust and originally had a blown Chevy motor in it. The police department took it to Chevrolet to do some work and mods to it for thier use at Woodward. Chevrolet wanted nothing to do with thier program or car. In steps Ford and woolah the lightning powerplant is installed. The electricians name is Dell ?? and he proceded to tell me the story and as he described the car I remebered lots of the details he was explaining, thats when I told him about it being on the Fordmuscle board at Woodward this year. Anyway he wanted some pictures, said that they were promised some during the build up but no one ever produced any.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Travis Rice
10401 Hillcrest Drive
Cumberland, MD 21502

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
That truly is a neat setup. More power than that car can handle probably. Lightnings can run 12s with slicks off the showroom floor with their heavy weight so that fly weight 2000-2300# car would fly while still meeting emissions. That is cool.

·
Registered
129 Posts
A Ford Powered by Ford.
The way it should be.

JO

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guy's!! Del will be pretty surprised Monday when I take him these pic's. This is the first time that I have printed a picture on the glossy paper.... man that is real cool!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts