Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of hose power and torque are getting out of your 331.Also what intake and cam are you using if I may ask?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I didn't dyno this engine. It should be a bit stronger than the 331 I have in my Mustang. It has run a best of [email protected] The intake is a Victor Jr. Lightly port matched.
The cam is from Ultradyne. Solid flat tappet. Lift is .585 as measured at the retainer with 1.6 rockers. The duration at .050 is 248. Lobe separation is 108 and the centerline is 102.
They grind some mean little cams for the small block Fords.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I used the horsepower calculator on the front page and come up with 402hp at the flywheel and 342 at the wheel. It doesn't sound like much but its only got 9.9 comp., and it has only had 87 octane gas run in it.
This latest engine has 10.2 comp., and more cam. Maybe 355hp to the tire. The et slip don't lie!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike read the thigs in the attn.sweet venom.What do u think bout those cam specs.run them and se what type of horsepower u get.It is a crowler cam 15322 what do u think.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
That cam sounds a bit small to me. If I was going to build more for the street, I'd use the RPM or the Air Gap intake. Mine idles fine at 950rpm. I'm not a fan of Comp Cams.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
If you have one, try it. Then when money flows from your pockets try one of the other manifolds and see the difference. Its kinda old tech, but it'll work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts