Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Positively the super vic will NOT work with the 205 heads. You will be doing a HUGE amount of machining to get those things, (if ever), to work.
I"ve posted on a few other 'racer sites', waiting for feedback from them, and I also e-mailed AFR/Edelbrock, and Ed Curtis, asking about possible 'crappy' forgings on the intakes.
What a POS. Huge bummer at this point. Luckily I've got a ported Victor jr. to run (my machinists)............

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I got a reply from a guy over at 'another' forum. Said he read somewhere that super vics are 'made' to be custom machined to YOUR particular application. What a load of crap. (I mean, if that is true)..........

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Yeah, Chilly, let's chat about piston to valve clearance........UGH

(as long as it stays together)............

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Hey Chilly and Drag next time you guys have the heads off the engine check the old world heads from locator dowel to intake face on both to see if there is any diffrents there. Just to see if afr and world are useing same prints numbers.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Also measure accross the bottom of both the jic jr and the super where the intake flange meets tne china wall to see how much diffrents there is there. That will give you an idea of how much you will have to take off the fit right.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I can't.......I 'offed' my heads a month ago.........
Chilly????????????

I'm (more to the point,), my machinist is gonna start with a .100" off the sides and .040" off the ends, for starters. Go from there.........

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Thanks for the heads up guys. I haven't ordered the intake yet. As you know I ordered my heads cut down to 58cc chambers. Who knows how much I'd have to mill off that intake. As a machinist I can do the mill work no problem. I'm lazy and will probably buy the regular Victor Jr. and match the ports. I did buy the roller lifters and rockers this week.
I bought an Edelbrock water pump about 5 yrs. ago for a 302. It touched the Fluidamper that I had on the engine. I called their tech guys to inform them of this problem. I was told that since this is a racing part, its up to the installer to check the fit!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Don't forget to check the counterbores in the heads. The ones that locate onto the block. I built a 302 with one of the first pair of Brodix Track 1's. The counterbores were too shallow, and I had to drill them deeper.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Valve to piston clearance? I've got the piston sticking .017in. out of the bore at TDC! Don't need no stinking clearance!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts