Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you got your hood from Glastek for your 79. Do you know if they make cowl hoods for 67 Stangs? Are you happy with the fit and finish of yours? How can I contact them? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Ok, I'm at attention.......(I was in the army at one time........)
Anyway, Yes, I love the hood. My bodyman loved the hood. I think it fits better than any glass stuff I've ever had (so far).
Glasstek is available via telephone. They are not as of yet on the web.
If you do a search for the chicago area, and ask for glasstek, their address and phone number will come up.
I think it's in naperville, Ill, (or something like that), and if I remember correctly, the flyer/catalog they sent with MY hood had all sorts of vehicles listed in there, and I for sure remember seeing ALL mustangs, ALL years/models.
Pick up the phone..........give 'em a call........ You'll be glad you did....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks drag! I'm glad you are happy with yours. I've been wanting to find a good quality cowl hood for some time. But everyone I talked too said they weren't happy with theirs from other companies. Thanks again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RonMeyer on 1/25/02 1:02am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Ronmeyer.
Their phone number is: 630-978-9897.
Their address is: 10s059 Schoger Dr. #40 Naperville, Illinois.
Again, they're real nice guys to deal with. At the time I had mine built by them, (like 6 weeks ago, or so), it was their slow time, so it only took 2 weeks for them to put 'er together. Don't know how long it will take you now. Either way, you'll find that out soon enough when you call them!

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Woah, Chilly460, you didn't use the super secret password........Now the gig is up, and everyone in the free world will know my name.........

I paid $340 for the hood. Shipping kicked my ass.......$80.00 From Chicago to the dealership............ouch

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey drag! Thanks for the numbers. I appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Chilly, you talked to someone @ glasstek, and that's what they told you?
Bummer. I would have thought that a capri hood would almost match exactly a mustang hood.......bummer
. Aren't enough people ordering up capri hoods for them to 'warrant' punching a bunch out or making their own mold, eh?...........

If nothing else, try all those other glass companies, and see if they're any cheaper.
I still do highly recommend glasstek's stuff, tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts