Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a guy down here, who has built this Falcon Ute, where he has ditched the 5.4 DOHC, and installed a twin turbo 351C to go drag racing.
So far, he has pulled 1273 rwhp on a dyno, and last I heard, he wants to take it to the US for a little bit of fun.

He's now put a tray on the back, and is doing a little 1/4 mile testing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
thats what I'm talking about....... drool factor :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think he was just joking, with some sarcasm.
I wouldn't take it as being nasty.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean to offend, I was just razzing you a little with a sarcastic smiley. Actually I like the pinto, not too many of them around anymore.
SIGH, Ok maybe it was the mood i was in. I know that my car isnt the cats meow and i dont expect many, if any, people to appreciate it. Just when it looks like im flat out insulted, i get a little thin in the skin.
Sorry bout the blast.

If i had the kind of caliber money, id have me a 65 mustang fastback and it would be as sexy as that Ute is.

·
Registered
137 Posts
SIGH, Ok maybe it was the mood i was in. I know that my car isnt the cats meow and i dont expect many, if any, people to appreciate it. Just when it looks like im flat out insulted, i get a little thin in the skin.
Sorry bout the blast.

If i had the kind of caliber money, id have me a 65 mustang fastback and it would be as sexy as that Ute is.
How many pintos do you see at carshows, personally I thrive on the unexpected budget-minded disposables pulling up with a V-8, or the off-breeds shunned by the popular crowd. Chevelles, mustang, camaros, challengers, etc-"seen one, seen em all" cars are great and all but I like different(a.k.a. my 72 ranchero). Don't replace the pinto with a mustang, there's always room for another odd-ball.

·
Registered
662 Posts
How many pintos do you see at carshows, personally I thrive on the unexpected budget-minded disposables pulling up with a V-8, or the off-breeds shunned by the popular crowd. Chevelles, mustang, camaros, challengers, etc-"seen one, seen em all" cars are great and all but I like different(a.k.a. my 72 ranchero). Don't replace the pinto with a mustang, there's always room for another odd-ball.
Like an EXP.

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
OK fellars, now that everyone has kissed and mde up, I'll post the latest update on the Falcon Ute.
Yesterday, he went out and did some track testing.
The car is capable of 7 second passes, but on this occasion he did an 8.59 pass with 18 pounds less boost than his previous runs. That's because he wanted to get traction this time, and see how it handled. He braked on this run, because of wrong diff gears.
The car is 4000lbs with driver, and runs a 383C with 2 speed powerglide.

Here's a pic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
over the years i've seen quite a few pinto's you wouldn't want bet against in a drag race . with motors being equal they have the power to weight ratio that only a 60' thru 65' ranchero can compete with.and they lookpretty cool too. be happy your one of the few. the proud, the pinto owners...........ray

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Being different and origional is what it's all about! Why do you think we desire the Aussie Falcons ...and the Aussies desire our Falcons? Because they're different. And by the way....I DESIRE THAT UTE WITH OR WITHOUT THE BED!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts